Wednesday, September 1, 2010

suburban escape

Love affairs can be tumultuous, and my relationship with NYC is no exception. After spending the majority of the summer baking in the NYC humidity, I welcomed a trip to the suburbs with open arms. (My Pier 40 adventure didn't exactly fill my suburbia quota for the month.)  I was joined by my best friend and our lovely gentlemen companions for an afternoon in Princeton, New Jersey. The town radiates a laid back energy, and I found myself wishing that I could capture it in a bottle and smuggle it back to NYC.

My roommate grew up in the Princeton area, thereby earning him the coveted title of "impromptu tour guide". I quickly learned that this meant walking at an unnaturally fast pace and occasionally pointing at old buildings.  This picture is hard evidence that he has no future in tourism. 

1 comment: