Thursday, September 2, 2010

toting my life around.

I am the type of person who needs a large handbag. I am completely aware that I pack my handbags with way more than I will ever need, but I can justify the unnecessary weight with two reasons - (a.) better safe than sorry, and (b.) it is a form of weight lifting, and therefore I can spend less time at the gym (it's a stretch, I know). With my senior year of college just around the corner, I knew I needed to find a huge tote that can fit my notebooks, computer, and all of my daily necessities. I took a field trip to Bloomingdales to test out some of my top contenders.


1. Longchamp Planetes Nylon Tote
A classic carry-all. The shape and size are perfect for carrying around my books and laptop - which may explain why every girl on campus owns this bag.
2. Michael Kors Darrington Distressed Leather Tote
The distressed leather is gorgeous! It is actually too pretty (and pricey!) to be carrying around on a daily basis - I tend to beat up my totes pretty badly, and will inevitably end up crying with the first stain/rip/scratch.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Tate Medium Lip-Print Nylon Tote
Marc doesn't fail me with this fun and flirty print, but I'm worried about how it will hold up in the rain.
4. Burberry Packable Nylon Tote
We have a winner! Super roomy, sturdy, rainproof, and lined with the iconic Burberry check ...what more could a girl ask for? I ended up purchasing this bag in red - the color will transition well with each season and add a playful pop of color to any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment