Tuesday, August 24, 2010

comfort food.

There are eight million people living in New York. It is a common misconception that despite the overwhelming population, NYC can be a lonely and impersonal place to live. My experiences have taught me otherwise. After an especially difficult day, I decided to seek comfort at one of my favorite neighborhood Italian restuarants - Lamarca on 22nd and 3rd.  I knew I was in the right place when I was instantly greeted by the amazing waitstaff, who asked if I had moved since I had not stopped by in over a month (I had!).  Thank you, Lamarca, for your amazing salad, warm bread, heavenly pasta, and unbelievable waitresses who never fail to put a smile on my face.

I am a die-hard fan of the whole wheat pasta with pesto and parmesan cheese. The pasticcio (vegetable lasagna) and salsiccia (pasta with vegetables and sausage) also rank among my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment