Thursday, August 12, 2010

judging a book by its cover

I am no stranger to Strand bookstore. I frequently spend my lunch breaks wandering its aisles in search of lost treasures among the famous "18 miles of books" (just another perk of working in a Union Square office!).  Yesterday I stumbled across an array of hard-covered classics and immediately snagged a copy of Wuthering Heights. As I marveled at its leather spine and gold embossed pages, I was reminded of the way in which books can add personality to apartment decor
 
 
images via Design*Sponge

I'll be making a return trip to Strand this weekend to pick up matching collector's copies of Great Expectations and The Tales of Edgar Allan Poe. Next project: figure out a way to display my growing collection in an organized yet eclectic style that reflects my personality. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment