Sunday, November 14, 2010

"beer and wine...and cupcakes!"


After seeing the Chase commercial featuring Marlo Scott of Sweet Revenge, I knew how I wanted to spend my birthday afternoon.  I dragged a friend to the West Village to visit the only wine, beer and cupcake bar in New York City.  We sampled the Pure (Mexican Vanilla Cake with Mexican Vanilla Buttercream) and Fleur de Sel (Valrhona Chocolate Cake, Salted Caramel Center and Salted Caramel Buttercream with Pecans and Salted Caramel Drizzle) cupcakes, which were perfectly paired with liquor counterparts.  The cozy setting reminded me of an old French cafe, and my delight was only enhanced when Marlo Scott herself stopped by our table to say hello!  I plan on returning soon to try their artisan sandwiches, which look (and smell!) simply divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment